Obese By 2030
A shocking report released Tuesday by the advocacy group Trust for America's Health projects that by the year 2030, nearly half the population in a majority of states will be obese - with even the thinnest states reaching an over 44% obesity rate. The study also reported that medical costs from treating obesity-related diseases will likely increase by $48 billion, to $66 billion per year. Currently almost 66% of Americans are overweight, and 36% are obese.
What can you do? Your best weapons in preventing personal unhealthy weight gain and maintaining fitness are exercise and a healthy diet. Here are some excellent Cybex tips to help achieve a healthy weight:
- 5 Easy Steps to Better Food Choices
- Don’t Let A “Health Halo” Bedevil Your Diet
- How Much Does That “Value Meal” REALLY Cost?
- Losing Weight: Slower Is Better
- Motivate Your Metabolism With Muscle
- Burn 16% more calories...just do this!
Try this workout: