Keeping your treadmills in excellent shape is important to ensuring the happiness of your customers and the success of your facility. Below, we answer some of your questions about treadmill service and maintenance.
How to get staff to clean & maintain your treadmills consistently, optimally?
While an asset management system will help you schedule cleaning and service, owners often wrestle with maintaining best cleaning practices throughout their organizations. To solve this, we’ve created clear, concise how-to videos for you to share with your staff. Videos include:
Is there an easier way to move treadmills solo?
Treadmills are the most difficult gym equipment to lift and the hardest to maintain. To simplify your life and save you time and money, we created an intuitive third wheel that allows one person to do the work of two. With the help of the Industry First Service Wheel, you can rotate, relocate, maintain, and clean your treadmills with ease.
What to look for in service and maintenance when investing in treadmills?
After durability and reliability, ease-of-service and maintenance are are the most important factors to consider when investing in a treadmill. Why? Treadmills are the most popular gym equipment, the most abused, and the most susceptible to downtime. John Derocher, the Cybex Field Service Manager, advises treadmill buyers look for the following in service:
- 99% parts ship within 24 hours (1 week intl.)
- Easy-to-use online service request forms
- Intuitive online diagrams for easy parts ordering
- Top down assembly to streamline maintenance
- Cable management to increase safety
- Side on/off switch for effortless access
- Easy-grip coax cable
- A Service Wheel to move and rotate equipment with ease
- Superior asset management to manage tasks, optimize your layout, train your staff, streamline service, and much more
So, what else should you look for to drive treadmill uptime and ROI?
Watch to learn more:
Learn More About Cybex Treadmills