The experience your customers have while using your facility’s treadmills is paramount. But what exactly makes members love a particular treadmill and what should you be looking for when purchasing new equipment? Below, we answer some of your questions about treadmill user experience.
What is the impact of impact on member loyalty?
There’s no way around it: no matter how well designed and built a treadmill, running will always be a high-impact activity. And sore feet and joints are bad for business. Can treadmill impact be lessened? Absolutely. Your first line of defense is a good tread cushioning or suspension system. That said, not all impact-reduction systems are equal.
Designed after a performance running shoe, the Cybex IS3 Intelligent Suspension System is the result of extensive research by the Cybex Research Institute. Our running decks (60’’ x 22’’) are soft at landing, firm in the middle, and rigid at toe-off to create a smooth, comfortable ride with minimal stress, impact and shock.
What to look for in treadmill comfort and safety?
Comfort. Stability. Security. Regardless of their fitness level and experience, every member will appreciate thoughtful amenities that make working out less work. When investing in treadmills, we suggest looking for the following:
- Arm stabilizers to provide an added level of safety and a feeling of confidence at every step
- Fans to keep users cooler and more motivated during their most heated workouts
- Lower step-up heights to ease access for all members
- Auto-stop safety lanyards to boost member confidence and increase safety
What to look for in treadmill technology?
Once you’re confident that you’ve selected treadmills that are: 1) durable and reliable, 2) easy to service and maintain, and 3) comfortable and safe, examine the technology they offer. Above all, technology should be intuitive and easy to use, so that your members can get right to their workout – without learning a new technology. The ideal treadmill technology solutions will offer the following:
- Excite and motivate members with easy-to-use HD touchscreens, virtual workout environments, live HD TV, on-demand content, music videos, web browsing, and more
- Members should be able to visit their favorite websites, check email, visit social media, watch, read, and listen to whatever they want, whenever they want
- Give members a single intuitive, command center for time, distance and calorie goals, and heart rate monitoring
- Monitor heart rates from the contact grips or hands-free from a wireless heart rate transmitter
So, what else should you look for to drive treadmill uptime and ROI?
Watch to learn more:
Make Your Most Popular Equipment Your Best
For almost five decades, we’ve been researching everyday challenges of people like you — wear and tear on bodies and treadmills in the world’s harshest workout environments. Today, Cybex treadmills set a new pace for durability, dependability, ease-of-service, uptime, and most importantly, safety and performance.