Todd Durkin, MA, CSCS, is an internationally-recognized performance trainer, bodyworker, speaker, author, and owner of award-winning gym Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego, CA (one of the Top 10 Gyms in the U.S.). His outstanding team of 38 professionals deliver extraordinary service in personal training, sports performance training, massage/bodywork, Pilates, yoga, physical therapy and chiropractic. Todd is the Lead Training Advisor for Under Armour, regular contributor to Men's Health, and author of The IMPACT! Body Plan. This original post can be found here on Todd's blog.
Today, I want to answer another very simple question that came up recently. And it comes up often from many different people:
“What are the top books you have read on business & leadership and would recommend that we read?”
And instead of just answering this question as it to pertains to business and leadership, I also included some other favorites as they relate to “personal & spiritual development.” They are all connected, right?
TD'S TOP 28 READS OF ALL-TIME
- Pyramid of Success (John Wooen)
- Think & Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
- How to Win Friends & Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey)
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (Robin Sharma)
- The Greatness Guide (Sharma)
- The Four Agreements (Dom Miguel Ruiz)
- The Power of Attitude (Mac Anderson)
- Winning (Jack Welsh)
- The Bible
- Start with the WHY (Simon Sinek)
- One Minute Entrepreneur (Ken Blanchard)
- The E-Myth (Michael Gerber)
- Tribes (Seth Godin)
- The Power of Full Engagement (Loehr & Schwartz)
- Good To Great (Jim Collins)
- The Speed of Trust (Stephen M.R. Covey)
- Book Yourself Solid (Michael Port)
- The Leader Without a Title (Sharma)
- Training Camp (Jon Gordon)
- The Seed (Jon Gordon)
- Sun Tzu for Execution (Steven Michaelson)
- The Four Hour Work Week (Timothy Ferriss)
- The 10 X Rule (Grant Cardone)
- Onward (Howard Schultz)
- Delivering Happiness (Tony Hsieh)
- The Little Book of Leadership (Gitomer)
- The Compound Effect (Darren Hardy)
Not quite sure WHY 28. I just know these are my tops of all time. So choose one that you haven’t read yet and get reading. Or listening.
One great book per month. Or maybe even a book a week for the super motivated. But keep filling that mind with great information. You only need one game-changing idea a day to create powerful change in your life.
PS: If your favorite book is not on this list, feel free to post your favorite book in the comments below.